Sunday, April 23, 2006

Nice Weekend

First of all I have to give credit for this photo to my friend Amity. She sent me a link to her picture storage and I yoked this one to post on the blog when I had a chance. Beautiful flower!
.
Saturday I worked a half day getting stuff done at the new location for QuiXotes which is located inside the Europa Hotel on Pedro Clisante on the North Coast of the Dominican Republic.
.
They finished banging out the concrete the stone floor was set in and tomorrow which is Monday they start regrouting it with Granito. That is crushed granite what has a nice look to it.
.
Hopefully this week I get the storefront installed that will separate the restaurant from the Pool area in the back. Next will be to get another set of double glass doors set to make a dining area that I can Air Condition. It will be pretty small and only seat from 20 t0 24 people but that is a lot if I can serve that area 2x for dinner which I am planning on doing eventually on those hot summer nights.
.
Also the Top cabinates have been stripped to put smoked glass on the outside looking in and mirrors on the doors facing out with lights. That should be finished this coming week also.
.
Ah more about the restaurant when I go back to work tomorrow. Saturday afternoon when I was finished working I called my buddy Jackie Quontree to see how he was doing and perhaps to have dinner with him. I was actually thinking about going up to Puerto Plata and eating and hanging there but he came to Sosua instead. We met at Eddys Sports Bar to watch the Heavyweight fight that was on the big screen and then had dinner at Asiatico which is also located in Eddys Sports Bar.
.
I had Yellow Seafood Curry which was out of this world. Jackie had some sort of pork dish with rice and he said he liked it a lot also. Afterwards we went over to the new restaurant to show him what had happened since he was there the week before. After hanging out there for a while we went out prowling the streets. First stop was Lou's NY Shark Bar. Had some good conversations and drinks with Lou and hit the road again. To make a long story short we spent the night on the town and chatting most of the night. At the end of the night I suggest to Jackie to stay over and he could return to Puerto Plata after breakfast which he agreed to and I took him to his car and he followed me home and then disappeared and has never been heard from again! Oh well, I am not my brothers keeper.
.
Today I went to the home of Avocado Brian with my friend Camden Tom. Tom wanted to see how and what Brian did to his Gentlemans farm since he also bought a farm in the area and is still unsure which direction to go in with it. We spent the day sampling wines and liquors and having enjoyable conversations. Brian has a winery and a distillary close by and makes both liquors and wines locally. I plan on selling these at QuiXotes when we open.
.
Came home and just hung out on the computer listening to music and relaxing the rest of the day and night and will be at the restaurant to open up for the workers at 8 am tomorrow. I look forward to it and getting making a lot of progress this coming week. Sorry that the blog hasn't been that regular nor have my photos which I know a lot of people enjoy.
.
Hasta Pronto!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am completely envious of you, man. I'd do anything to be in your shoes. I don't suppose they have any software developer positions in the DR. :(

Anyway, keep enjoying life and think about how many other people would love to live yours... take care!