Tuesday, July 29, 2008

El Tablon Charimcos Sosua Dominican Republic

I did a blog entry a while back where I posted pictures of the devastation of a neighborhood to make room for a public park. These pictures are where they moved the people to. So what they did was wreck one slum to build another slum. I thought it was actually nicer than what it turned out to be but alas since being inside of the neighborhood and one of the apartments it is just another slum in training. The place is huge and a concrete Jungle. The apartments are small and I guess that the government thought that they were doing something good for these people and so did I until I actually saw the place.
.
Disnalda the little girl that I have I guess sponsored is now living here. It is TIGHT and the apartments are right on top of each other with bad craftsmanship on top of that. Disnaldas mom says the noise it intense and it is much louder than it was where they lived in a wood shack in El Tablon.

Already since this is a condo there are apartments for sale. That is the one thing better about this place is that they have title. Before they had only squatters rights and the homes were sold with just a lawyers contract just like much of the places in the cities slums.

.

Hasta Pronto!

No comments: