Monday, July 21, 2008

Elvis doing his Duty

These are pictures of my BEAUTIFUL German Shepherd. He is about 4 months now and doing GREAT. I am going to enter him in dog shows. I am 100% certain I will be able to finish him and make him a champ.
When I am finished with this bad boy he will be like a loaded gun. I use to breed and train German Shepherds in the states for many years and had one of the larger kennels in the US for working dogs. Many of my dogs went to Police work and sight dogs for the blind.
This is Elvis after telling the sheeps and the goats he is in town and is the new Sherrif. I put him in the pasture to get exercise and to form his dominant relationship with his flock of goats and sheep. He sometimes chases them around the pasture for 20 minutes at a time and even at 4 months catches a few. I am in the pasture with him now to make sure he knows what his bounds are.
This is an outstanding example of the breed who loves to work and to please. He was the alpha male and while difficult as pups to raise he will be a great working dog. I will also attack train him when he is older but he is already taking to that sort of work with the Haitian workers:)
.
I got a call from his breeder. He has his sister who was the alpha female of the litter and the breeder can't handle her. He offered her to me for free which I am considering. I am going to see her this weekend in Santo Domingo and will make up my mind if I want to take her or not. Depends on how she tests out and what she looks like to me. Then I have to decide. I have to separate them when she is in heat which will be a pain in the ass.
.
Hasta Pronto!

No comments: